Installation is quick and easy, and usually takes 30 seconds or less.
Step by Step Instructions
Before getting started:
- Test alarm prior to installation by filling the bottom of the cup with water and wait for alarm - Note: Alarm has a 5 second delay and will beep intermittently for up to 5 days.
- Turn off the alarm by emptying water from the cup.
- Dry the cup interior by gently dabbing up any remaining water with a paper towel.
- Remove the flexible inner gasket by firmly sliding it out from the center of the alarm cup.
- Gently spread apart the wings of the flexible gasket and wrap the center of the gasket around the vertical pipe beneath the valve. It will rest on top of the existing metal decorative trim ring.
- With the flexible gasket in place around the vertical pipe, firmly slide the alarm cup back into place around the flexible gasket.
- Gently press down on the flexible gasket to secure fitting.
- Enjoy 7 years of fluid leak detection!